Inevitably, the programs have bugs. No matter how you try and care you have to develop the application, always get unexpected errors.
As people associated with the software we have to learn to live with them and not hide our eyes trying to ignore them. Since the errors are part of the software and are quite dangerous, in terms of cost and image, it is better to have them checked.
Usually when someone finds an error communicating with the controller and tries this fix. This method of handling errors is a problem that is not
managed. I’ll tell you some situations that are sure to have you lived and you are familiar.
Someone finds a bug and
- The programmer is in another project or doing something else, write it down on a piece of paper … you forget and lost (intentionally or not).Cause: There is no record of Bugs.
- The programmer does not know how to provoke the bug cannot reproduce and therefore cannot fix. Cause: Poor description of the bug.
- The developer believes it has fixed the bug, change something that worked and leave the bug. Cause: You do not know how it would work .
- The programmer reproduces the bug and fixes it, nobody knows, the client never gets the program fixed. Cause: Poor communication .
- Someone finds a bug and talk with other programmers to fix it, several developers are set to fix hampered and losing time.
Cause: There is no proper channel bug.
- There are many bugs that are reported to the developer in person so that the programmer cannot fix because it has no time: Poor management of bugs.
- Is repeatedly interrupted the programmer to query the status of bugs. Cause: There is a list of bugs with resolution states .
- The bug comes to the development team. The programmer to think you have to fix the developer B and B believes it is up to A. Nobody fixes it. Cause: The bug is not assigned to anyone in particular.
- There are many bugs, some more important than others, but time is limited, developers lose the trivial bugs fixed time while the critical bugs still not fixed. Cause: The bugs are not prioritized .
Who has not passed any of these things?
These are some of the typical problems that we can find if we have a management and bug tracking.
Clearly these situations are reflected in the quality of the product and the image we give to our customers.
Okay, but … How do I benefit?
As a developer you have the system and you will benefit errors decent parts, with all the information needed to fix it. You do not lose fights you
avoid mistakes and why not fix that mistake I said. You avoid being asked every 5 minutes if you arrange such error.
As a manager you have the benefit system, you can see all the mistakes that are fixing and what have been fixed, give them priority, you know you will not be lost, decide what you want to settle for this version and what for the next.
As support staff benefits you, you have a system to report errors that the client detects, you can also enter the customer improvements you suggest, you can search the database if the bug is known and send the version that is fixed.
As you can see, management benefits everyone and especially the great benefit is the resulting software.
So you need a program to monitor and control errors
(Bug Tracking Software)
You have to take SCRUM Meetings! Define a group! pigs!